Tea Chicken Piccata
Serves 4 (Calories 230, fat 8 g, proteins 27 g, carb 8 g)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons finely ground oolong tea
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup white wine
- Mix the flour, pepper, salt and Oolong tea in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, seal the bag, and shake until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet. Place the chicken into the pan and cook until browned on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a sheet of paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Add the lemon juice and white wine to the pan. Cook, scraping up any brown bits, until the sauce reduces by half. Add the chicken back into the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: This is delicious served over cauliflower tea mash.