We are all well-aware of the grogginess that the dawn brings. On most days, we all wake up and struggle to break free from the cage of stiffness and the slight daze. When this daze lingers, it makes for a dull start to the day. What if there’s a simple and delicious solution to do away with it? Black tea is just what you should be sipping on to give a fresh start to your day. After all, what better than to wake up to a healthy, delightful cup of black tea waiting to revive you?
Black tea hails from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, similar to green tea, oolong tea, and white tea. However, black tea is unique in the sense that it is especially home to certain health purposes. The major health benefits of black tea include its nutritional value, anti-cancer benefits, digestive benefits, beneficial effects on skin and hair health, and more.
Following are the Black Tea Benefits:
Black Tea Benefits For Skin
The right black tea diet can introduce you to a treasure trove of skin health benefits.
- Its caffeine and some of its other chemical components can kill oral viruses, which helps prevent skin infections (and pimples).
- It nourishes the skin with vitamins B, C, and E, with minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and zinc, and essential polyphenols and tannins.
- Black tea has been shown to reduce the signs of premature aging.
Place black tea bags under your eyes, it helps reduce puffiness and dark circles. You can also use black tea for herbal baths. They can provide an antioxidant boost and may provide low levels of sun protection as well.
Black Tea Benefits For Hair
Owing to the high levels of antioxidants and caffeine that benefit hair health, black tea is fantastic for your hair.
- The antioxidants promote healthy hair growth. Be careful not to overdo it as excess caffeine may restrict hair growth.
- The caffeine decreases a hormone that causes hair loss (known as DHT or dihydrotestosterone).
- If you incorporate it into your hair care regimen, it can also add radiance and darkness to your hair.
Get our hands on an indulging black tea recipe and unlock tea benefits.