Pregnancy fears are not a myth. With pregnancy comes a pool of paranoia- which activities to avoid, which exercises to undertake, what medications to take, which sleep position is the safest, what to watch, what to read, which food is healthy, which is not and the list goes on.
It's only natural for a soon-to-be-mom to be in a constant state of worry! If you are both, a green tea enthusiast and pregnant, let's take one fear off your mind. Here's the answer to the age old question of whether it is a safe tea for pregnancy- yes, owing to its multiple health benefits, it happens to be the best tea for pregnancy. But one has to be mindful of the right quantity consumed.
When it comes to pregnancy, too much of anything can cause discomfort and complications. So, how much green tea can a soon-to-be-mom consume? Keep to a limit of 200 mg of caffeine a day, which is about three or four cups of green tea. And this goes for all sources of caffeine- soft drinks, cola, energy drinks, and chocolate in your daily amount.
Let's explore few of the many health benefits of green tea for pregnancy
5 Green tea benefits for pregnancy
- The antioxidants in green tea are useful in speeding up the body’s metabolism rate which can help in countering pregnancy-related mood swings.
- Green tea is a powerful house of antioxidants. Diseases like cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc., can be averted by adding antioxidants to your diet.
- Green tea works well for pregnant women aas it can reduce stress and regulate blood pressure efficiently, which is beneficial for pregnant women.
- Indigestion and stomach disorders are common during pregnancy. Green tea can help by easing the discomfort of digestion issues.
- Green tea can enhance regulatory T-cells in the body to keep your immune system strong. This way, you can fight off illnesses during pregnancy which will be an easier task.
The classic green tea blend by Tea Culture Of The World is sourced from the finest tea estates of Vietnam. Green tea's low caffeine content makes it an ideal all-day infusion. It is a powerhouse of health that detoxes the body and helps you stay fresh through the day. This pale-yellow brew improves overall wellness. So, ladies with an adorable baby bump- brew yourself a flavourful, health-packed cuppa, lay back in your chair and sip your worries away!