All types of tea, even your regular cup of builders, come from the Camellia sinensis plant. Green tea gets its name from the emerald green color created when brewing unprocessed, unfermented tea leaves. With origins going back as far as 5,000 years, green tea is commonly drunk and widely grown in the Far East where the health properties are well regarded.
Infused with countless benefits, green tea is the one drink you can gorge on guiltlessly. Knowing the below facts and benefits of Green tea infused with lemon and honey might make you want to add it to your daily life.
Commonly asked questions and FAQs about Green tea:
- Did you know that unsweetened tea, without milk, is hydrating and is ranked as the second most ideal choice for hydration after water?
- Do you know Black, green, or herbal, as we know tea is the longevity drink enjoyed among the longest-lived people in the world?
Read below to answer some of the commonly asked questions about green tea.
Is Green tea good for immunity?
Green tea provides strong immune support for fighting diseases and prolonging the quality of life. Tea leaves contain powerful antioxidants called polyphenols that help to prevent cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, and other chronic problems. Polyphenols are normally found in large amounts in fruits, vegetables, grains ie all brightly colored vegetables there are! It's well known that green tea is beneficial for a healthy functioning heart and our metabolism.,
Does green tea prevent cancer?
69% of Cancer cells have special properties that allow them to stay alive longer than normal, healthy cells. When normal cells die, cancer cells tend to grow and spread throughout the body.
It's been found to slow the growth of lung cancer cells and breast tumors. Women who regularly drink green tea were found in a meta-analysis to have a lower risk of developing breast cancer.
Would green tea help me relax?
As it turns out, tea also decreases stress by increasing relaxation levels and concentration. Tea is the only way you can get the L-theanine supplement in your diet without taking a manufactured supplement.
Amino acids are said to increase the activity in the brain to achieve a state of relaxed concentration. The highest concentrations of L-theanine are in green and white tea varieties. It has been shown to help lower Low-Density Lipoproteins (LDL), or bad cholesterol, fight body fat accumulation, inhibit viral illnesses such as the cold or the flu and reduce the buildup of plaque on the teeth.
Here are 10 possible health benefits of green tea with lemon and honey:
- Contains healthy bioactive compounds that may help patients during post covid recovery.
- Improve brain function and working memory and cognitive functioning.
- Green tea along with lemon is loaded with antioxidants that help to boost our immunity. Antioxidants may lower the risk of some cancers. The antioxidant properties of green tea appear to protect against cellular damage and cancerous tumor growth.
- It promotes protecting skin from aging, wrinkles and also provides other beauty benefits.
- Green tea kills microbes that make our mouth foul-smelling and eliminates bad breath.
- It helps prevent type 2 diabetes.
- It helps prevent cardiovascular disease.
- If you are looking for weight loss Green tea with lemon and honey can help speed up the process and help you lose weight as it increases fat burning.
- It is said to help you live longer and healthier if consumed regularly.
- Green tea helps in lowering cholesterol levels.
- It can also help prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- The soothing properties of green tea, lemon, and honey also help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Boosts metabolism and makes you energetic and refreshed.
- Improves mood and reduces stress, it can also soothe pain, cramps, or headaches.
- Green tea lowers the acidity of the pH in the mouth, thus preventing bacteria from secreting acids and damaging the enamel or causing cavities.
To help you feel better, lose weight, and lower your risk of chronic disease, you may want to consider making green tea with a touch of lemon and honey a regular part of your life.
If you love sipping a cup of hot green tea every day, then you are getting a daily dose of one of the world's healthiest beverages.
Best Time to Drink Green tea:
- After breakfast - prevents dehydration.
- One hour before and after a meal - prevents fat absorption.
- Half an hour before bedtime - helps with weight loss.
- Half an hour before exercise - helps burn fat.
Green tea doesn't have to be the depressing hot water that you drink to lose weight. When life hands you lemons, put them in your green tea with a little bit of honey and try this to make a happy morning drink.
Green Tea with Lemon and Honey Recipe:
- Ready to make Green tea - 1 bag/loose leaf
- Kalonji/Nigella/ Karunjeeragam - 4 tsp
- Half Lemon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon Grass - 2 stem leaves.
- Steep green tea bag/leaves according to package instructions up to 4tsps.
- Squeeze half a small Lemon/1tsp Lemon juice.
- Add 1 tsp of Honey/any Sweetener stir, enjoy hot.
Note: If you don't like Nigella seeds in your drink, try soaking them in water the previous night and use the water for making green tea
Magic sometimes works in subtle ways; savor the pale gold color and fresh flavor of this tea, and allow the powerful green tea antioxidants to weave a spell through your system. You’ll find that every cup of Delightful Green invigorates and revives you, like magic.
Incorporate a cup full of positive-tea in your life and see the changes in your mind, body, and life.
Order Online from our variety of Loose leaf Green Tea
If you are looking for flavorful-packed types of Green tea in India, Tea Culture of the World is where you will find the best of the lot! Explore our carefully curated Green tea collections for experiences that are sure to indulge all your senses, all at once.
The Tea Culture of the World's green tea collection includes flavors to soothe all your moods, relieve stress, and induce calmness, sip on a healthy iced tea in between meals, or make for an organic flavored drink. From hot to cold brew your remedy of a tasty green tea.